quarta-feira, 10 de setembro de 2008

Grammar and Vocabulary - One more exercise

This exercise will help you improve your grammar and vocabulary.

Write the correct tenses

Ex:Are you enjoying the party ? - Present Continuous

Simple present, Present Continuous, Simple Past, Present Perfect, Past Perfect and Future

He put the book under the notebook just now.
He's already bought it.
How many people read the book for today's class ?
I had a book but I gave it to him.
I had read all the magazines when she called me.
I haven't read anything about it yet.
I'll help you pack.
I'm going to bed now.
It is starting to rain.
It's getting dark.
Maria's been talking on the phone since yesterday.
Nurses take care of patients in hospitals.
She has a lot of money.
She has already chosen her team.
She hit the girl at the party.
She is having a great time.
She kept the secret all her life.
She's been listening to music all day.
She's gone out.
The earth goes around the sun
They were too young to remember.
What does this word mean ?
What's happened to that old man ?
Who needs help ?

Ok. By now you already have an idea of the sentences.
Try to do the next exercise without looking above.

Put only one word in the spaces below.


Are you enjoying the ___________ ?
He ___________ the book under the notebook just now.
He's ___________ bought it.
How many people read the book for ___________ class ?
I had a book but I gave it to ___________.
I had read all the magazines ___________ she called me.
I haven't read anything about it ___________.
I'll help you ___________.
I'm going to ___________ now.
It is starting ___________ rain.
It's getting ___________.
Maria's been talking on the phone ___________ yesterday.
___________ take care of patients in hospitals.
She has a ___________ of money.
She has already chosen her ___________.
She hit the girl at the ___________.
She is ___________ a great time.
She kept the ___________ all her life.
She's been listening to ___________ all day.
She's ___________ out.
The ___________ goes around the sun
They were too ___________ to remember.
What ___________ this word mean ?
What's happened to that ___________ man ?
Who ___________ help ?

Finally, come back to the first exercise and try to make questions for 6 sentences.
EX:Maria's been talking on the phone since yesterday.

Who has been talking on the phone since yesterday ?
What has Maria been doing since yesterday ?

Nenhum comentário: