sexta-feira, 24 de abril de 2009

Colégio Santo Amaro - Aula 10

What is the correct tense ?

1 – They ________________ their homework. (already/finish)

2 – Maria ________________ a book while Johnny ________________ his homework. (read/do)

3 – My mother ________________ very beautiful when she was 30. (be)

4 – Maybe my friends and I ________________ bowling tonight after work. (go)

5 – My God ! Those children ________________ soccer for a long time ! Won´t they ever stop and go home ? (play)

Modal verbs – can – could – may – might – must – should

1 – Your girlfriend ________________ be very beautiful. You say everyone looks at her wherever she goes...

2 – You ________________ enter that room. It´s forbidden. (neg)

3 – She thinks I ________________ call him instead of writing an e-mail.

4 – I can´t believe I ________________ help you. I don´t know one single word in French.

5 – They ________________ not be here tonight. It will depend on their boss.

Pronouns – I, me, my, mine – You, you, your, yours...

1 – Why don´t we talk to ________________ ? I´m sure ________________ will be happy as soon as ________________ knows that ________________ son broke the record yesterday. ( os pronomes estão entre he – him e his )

2 – You can´t go there with ________________. Your car is old but ________________ is brand new because ________________ bought it last week with ________________ friends. ( os pronomes estão entre we – us – our e ours )

Use the words in brackets to create a sentence with a similar meaning.

Ex: I am Brazilian. ( Brazil) = I was born in Brazil.

It is too easy ! (enough)

Ana is smarter than Maria. (intelligent)

How much is it ? (cost)

I´d rather stay home. (prefer)

I´ve lived here since I was 8. (living)

I don´t have any money. (got)

I must go now. (to)

Could you lend me your pen for a second ? (borrow)

She can´t swim. (able)

She sweeps the floor every day. (swept)


Nenhum comentário: