quarta-feira, 4 de novembro de 2009

Awful day in Rio.

O motivo deste pequeno diário abaixo é proporcionar aos leitores um texto real e atual. Observem o uso de expressões naturais da língua inglesa e a aplicação adequada dos tempos verbais, pronomes e construções gramaticais em geral.

It´s 3:05pm now. It´s been an awful day here in Rio. It´s terribly hot and humid and it seems it will get even worse tomorrow.
I woke up before 7 this morning, took a shower and went to work. I taught a girl in Botafogo and then another one in Catete, a neighborhood nearby. When I came back I was sweating and had to take another shower. Then I taught another student here in Botafogo and took the subway again to go Downtown.
Terribly tired, I came back around 1:30, took another shower, had lunch and, at 2 pm sharp, my 5th student got here and we´ve just finished our class.
I still have two more to go.

Lots of people think that living in Rio is wonderful because it´s always sunny and you can often go to the beach and enjoy the weather. Well, it´s not like this. When it´s 35 degrees and it´s Saturday or Sunday everybody is happy. There are lots of beaches to go to, as well as parks and pools but on weekdays it´s... unbearable ! It has begun. From November to March it is gonna be like this almost every day. Hard to work, to concentrate and study.

Bye.

Nenhum comentário: